Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year Everyone!

I took some time for myself today, and made a couple cards for the CAS-ual Fridays CFC33 Challenge.
I needed a couple Thank You cards for Christmas gifts we received.  Yes, I have a ton of Thank You cards in my stash...  but I wanted a winter theme...  and it was more fun making new ones!

The CAS-ual Fridays Challenge is to use kraft and twine.  Two of my favorites!!

I made two similar cards.  I am constantly saving cool packaging things...  and these coffee sleeves from Panera have been on my desk for months.  I like that they have a polka dot pattern instead of the common corrugated ones.

First card:
 I used a Christmas Tree die from QuicKutz to cut the tree from the coffee sleeve.  I had originally intended on using the back side, without the Panera logo.  But when I cut it, I thought that it added a cool design element and looked kinda artsy.  I did not use the star that was on the die...  I liked the recycling emblem, and added that to the top to make a "star".  I curled the twine around a paint brush, then damped slightly with stamp cleaner (besides coffee, it was the only liquid within reach! haha).  Card is 3 x 6.

Close Up:

And another version:
On this card, I used a "snow pen" around the edges of the tree.  Then heat embossed it to puff it up.  Added cute little twine bows to finish it off. 

What?  No stamping on either of these cards...  and did not even use any ink at all!  How do you make a card without stamps or ink??  Haha...   Better get back to my craft room and get my inky fix!

Thanks for stopping by today!!

3 comments:

  1. Oh Kris your tall trees are phenomenal. Wow. Great idea. Love them. They are so cool and trendy looking. Smart girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this!
    What a great way to use that coffee sleeve!
    It looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, Kris....you do the 'bestest' things with cards. I LOVE this tree...every inch.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments!